The Santos Girls

The Santos Girls
Bela, Sara & Jessica;
Sharing Our Experiences with the loved ones of our lives in our adopted country--USA--! And, of our birth country Portugal. Also, all the places and amazing people that cross our paths every day or simply return back to our lives...
Please feel free to leave comments.
Comments are what make blogging so fun and exciting. I am a sucker for them.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

WORLD CUP 2010- SOUTH AFRICA

VIVA PORTUGAL


MY TEAM PORTUGAL



And this year we will celebrate another championship …The Soccer World Cup 2010”… the hosting country will be South Africa and MY Portugal has the worst opponents EVER… if you all believe that Portugal got the short end of the stick, let me tell you all…we got the most terrible short end of the stick… The 4 teams that will be playing our group will be…

BRAZIL

PORTUGAL

COTE D’ IVOIRE

NORTH KOREA



Now I ask you people… do you all think that we had a fair or even lucky hand? I know that I can most likely be “THE soccer fanatic number ONE”… So I can ALREADY predict that I will cry a LOT. NOPE…is not that I do not have faith in my team, but let’s face it people… we have 3 great adversaries …



I am NOT 100% with the choice and think that QUEIROZ should have allowed some great players to be part of the squat… I know that he will regret some of his picks but hey… he is after all the National Coach…so as a soccer fanatic, and Portuguese down to the core of my heart…I will have to just HOPE that we will not lose right on the first game… Brazil has potential… but in all amicable games that we have had with them, truth be told, they had lost a lot of them. Just saying…. Plus I have faith in US, our people, our country, our flag…the green for the independence and the red for all the blood shed just so we can live that independence and whether we win or lose…I will stand by us, by our team.

GO PORTUGAL……

No comments: