The Santos Girls

The Santos Girls
Bela, Sara & Jessica;
Sharing Our Experiences with the loved ones of our lives in our adopted country--USA--! And, of our birth country Portugal. Also, all the places and amazing people that cross our paths every day or simply return back to our lives...
Please feel free to leave comments.
Comments are what make blogging so fun and exciting. I am a sucker for them.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

“It is by chance that we met, by choice that we became friends.”

As I was reading about the true meaning of FRIENDSHIP... I came across a quote that touched me very deeply, and I would like to share it with you all...
"Friendship is a way of acting and being with people that makes them feel valued, cared for, and respected.It's letting them know you appreciate them and care about their feelings. Being a friend means treating another with special care and kindness because they mean so much to you. This is also the most important secret to a perfect loving relationship between a man and a woman, how amazing to be in love with your best friend."
And even though, I am NOT in love with neither of these friends That I am posting here and that I would like to talk about lol, it sure brings me such a great pleasure to share them with you all. I couldn't’ believe when out of the blue, I found out one of my oldest best friends growing up…I had many special friends, but only two friends that I knew since I was a little girl…My remarkable friend Quim Braz and Dalila. I have a post JUST for my friend Quim, so I will not talk much about him here, just it will not be so repetitive. But my friend Dalila and I we have known each other since we were little girls and Quim and have also known one another since we were little kids… and what a blessing it has been to have them both as a part of my life. I never lost contact with my sweet friend Quim, but after Dalila moved to the States we sort of lost contact; and it has been great to have her back in my life… my cool sister/friend who were always inseparable from me…It has been so fun to have again the “two old flirts together” and reminisce as we talk about our fun adventures of how we used to accumulate “boys hearts while we were growing up” lol! And it is amazingly cool to have someone that we feel comfortable talking about what is going on in our lives and know that we have friends who care to know and to hear. Our parents are trying to find pictures of Dalila, Silvio, Me and Quim growing up…but in the mean time I will be posting some pictures of some of my oldest friends growing up. Pictures that I was able to take after we were already all in our forties… but still feel like we are in our 18th's…or at least we act like that in many ways…kids at heart. I decided to pay a tribute to all the good friends that are a part of my life and that I work everyday with, and have earned my respect as well.... So when I talk to you all about them, you can put a face with a name :)
THIS IS MY FRIEND DALILA IN 2010

Val Kilmer

JOSH LAKE...AKA AS LAKER

GETTING READY TO LEAVE HOME TO WORK, (MY KIDS FORCED ME TO PUT MY PICTURE HERE, SINCE THIS IS ABOUT ME AND MY GOOD FRIENDS)


ONE OF THE BEST FRIENDS OF MY LIFE...NELLO

NELLO IS LUCKY, HE LIVES ACROSS THE BEACH AND HE IS A LAWYER

SHOWING THAT MY DEVOTION TO MY TEAM IS STRONG...GO PORTUGAL



MY BROTHER SILVIO, MY FIRST BEST BEST FRIEND AND THE FIRST PERSON I TRUSTED EVER. I LOVE HIM SOOOO MUCH. I LOVE HIM AND AM SOOO PROUD OF HIM. AND OF MY LITTLE NUNO AS WELL.

I WORK WITH JON AND LAKER EVERY DAY AND HAVE A LOT OF RESPECT AND FRIENDSHIP FOR THESE TWO

IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO KNOW THEM AND NOT LOVE THEM. GREAT FRIENDS



MY CONFIDENT AND DAUGHTER JESSICA

DALILA AND I WHEN WE WERE 17 YEARS OLD IN THE CHAPEL WHERE I WAS BAPTIZED IN PORTUGAL, THE WESTERMOST COUNTRY IN EUROPE
1995

DALILA 2010

MY FRIEND DALILA 2010

MY ADORABLE FRIEND QUIM BRAZ AND I



ME


WHEN DALILA AND I WERE GROWING UP, WE WERE 17, IN PORTUGAL WITH OUR MISSIONARIES AND OUR YOUTH

MY DAUGHTER AND BEST FRIEND AND CONFIDENT

JESSICA

ME AND MY DAUGHTERS SARA & JESSICA

DALILA AND HER MOM ISILDA AND HER SON DRAKE

DALILA AND HER FIANCE, THEY BECOME ENGAGED LAST MONTH. I AM SO THRILLED FOR HER :)

THESE ARE SOME OF THE BEST FRIENDS THAT I DEAL EVERYDAY... I HAVE MORE PICTURES, BUT I AM AT WORK AND I DON'T HAVE MANY PICTURES HERE, I WILL UPDATE WITH NEWER PICTURES AND WITH MOST UPDATED POSTS... TCHAU FOR NOW :)

No comments: