The Santos Girls

The Santos Girls
Bela, Sara & Jessica;
Sharing Our Experiences with the loved ones of our lives in our adopted country--USA--! And, of our birth country Portugal. Also, all the places and amazing people that cross our paths every day or simply return back to our lives...
Please feel free to leave comments.
Comments are what make blogging so fun and exciting. I am a sucker for them.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

WOW, IT SURE HAS BEEN A WHILE SINCE I LAST POSTED

My Oh My!!!! It sure has been a while since I last posted something on our blog… I have been writing but just didn’t have the chance to post…Can you say “A Slave to work” lol? But by all means don’t stop checking our blog, because if there is something that I love to do, it’s Blogging! I have been a slacker by not posting, but when my incredible mom tells me that the pictures didn’t get updated since Christmas; and she bought a version of an Internet program back in Europe, that translates everything I write to Portuguese and she can’t use it since I don’t put up any new blogs…Yep that made me feel displeased with myself. And hey…here I am posting again lol…
But please don’t think that we didn’t do anything cool enough to post here! To be honest we DID have our ups and our downs since I last posted, but we sure have been working on our “downs” and have been working on LIVING the best way we know…to its fullest. We had the worst snow storms in the history of Maryland, we had to endure not been able to go outside, since the State of Maryland was in fact giving tickets to those who were attempting to drive or dared to walk out in the streets…We also reconnected with friends that we had lost track of for so long, we went to a few concerts, Jessica’s Lacrosse games, dance recital and big performance that everyone tells me was the best ever…but regrettably and much to my own displeasure, I was working that night, so I had to keep texting other parents asking how my little girl was doing…But I am soooo grateful that at least my Sara was there to give me all the heads up about Jessica’s performance and it just made me sad that she didn’t take pictures…I guess that my kids didn’t take after me when it comes to being a picture fanatic lol. My step brother Paulo and his wife Tania made me an aunt of another baby girl, by giving me a new niece “Leonor”. My step sister Carla and my brother in law Marcus went to help my mom and my step dad pick up all the grapes and make the Oporto wine, that is a huge responsibility for my family to do since they retired; this is now their source of income, so I was happy that my sister was able to make the trip from England with my other new niece Eva to help mom out.
But let me start with my Birthday… Yep February 25th of 2010 I did turn 28 years old ahahahahah (come on ya’ll know that a lady never reveals her age), and it was the first time in my life that I had to work on my special day… my co-worker not only picked my B-Day to go on vacations, but also volunteered me to drive him to Alexandria in Virginia, so I started driving at 1:30 am, since he had to be there 2 hours earlier and his flight was at 4 am… I will be bluntly honest by admitting that I HATED that. Then I left Virginia and went straight to work, I was not a happy camper. But my friends, family and above everything else my children made it all worthwhile. And we ended having a good time… I had my favorite German chocolate cake and got to open my presents and even that my thanks are going a little later…I want to thank to those who were so kind to send me Birthday gifts. I still want you all to know that your friendship, your love and having you as a part of my life is indeed the best present that I could ever ask for, but nevertheless I thank you from the bottom of my heart .


WE WENT TO THE CONCERT, OF CAVO, LIFEHOUSE AND CHRIS DAUGHTERY. I LOVE YOU MOM, THANKS






























































































































































WE HAD A BLAAAAAASSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTT :)

No comments: