The Santos Girls

The Santos Girls
Bela, Sara & Jessica;
Sharing Our Experiences with the loved ones of our lives in our adopted country--USA--! And, of our birth country Portugal. Also, all the places and amazing people that cross our paths every day or simply return back to our lives...
Please feel free to leave comments.
Comments are what make blogging so fun and exciting. I am a sucker for them.

Saturday, March 1, 2008

The things we realize as we grow older...






"Every story has an end, but in life every end is just a new beginning..."





Reading... has always been one of my FAVORITE hobbies...And as I was reading now in my adult age, an Old Portuguese book that I used to carry around with me when I was a little girl in elementary school ...(and I have always loved that book by Enid Blyton)…fortunately after all these years; that book made its way back into my life…And as I was thinking about its contents…I was stunned just how the years originate us to have a different point of view regarding so many things in life…

Back in my school days I used to read and just dream…but as the years went by…I can now perceive so much more information… numerous aspects of “A Life”…and I find myself not daydreaming any longer, but contemplating what I read since Elementary school--- and now in my grown-up days--- as valuable and priceless life lessons.

I would love to share with everyone one of my much-loved poems in my favorite childhood book.

I have forgiven things nearly unforgivable,

I have tried to replace irreplaceable people

I have been impulsive,

People I never thought would deceive me have deceived me,

But I have also deceived others.

I have embraced to protect,

I have laughed when I could not,

I have made eternal friends,

Loved when I was loved…

But I have been rejected,

I have been loved,

And I did not love back.

I have cried and jumped up and down with such joy,

I have lived with love and made eternal promises,

I have broken down and cried.

I have cried listening to music and looking at photos,

I have dialed a phone number just to hear a voice,

I have been passionate with a smile,

I have thought I would die for missing someone,

And I have feared I would lose someone special (and I have lost…)

But I have lived and I still live!

I don’t just pass through life anymore…

And neither should you!

Live!

It is better to face the fight with determination,

Embrace life with passion,

Lose with class,

And overcome with boldness

Because the world belongs to those who dare

And life is very much to be insignificant.


No comments: