The Santos Girls

The Santos Girls
Bela, Sara & Jessica;
Sharing Our Experiences with the loved ones of our lives in our adopted country--USA--! And, of our birth country Portugal. Also, all the places and amazing people that cross our paths every day or simply return back to our lives...
Please feel free to leave comments.
Comments are what make blogging so fun and exciting. I am a sucker for them.

Saturday, March 8, 2008

As a family we took our FIRST college trip for OUR Sara

Salisbury University Logo


As everyone knows Sara has been (and making us all as well) super busy with all her college acceptance letters. She applied for various Universities and got accepted into all of them (with the exception of those still waiting to hear a reply from). She got accepted in every University in Utah. BUT today Sara, Jessica and myself went to visit Salisbury University on the Eastern Shore of Maryland…So we left home at 4:30 am…since we had to be there at 6:30 am and wanted to be on time (better be one hour earlier than one minute late, I always say).

She LOVED the University and personally so did Jessica and I…although we made Sara feel somehow …cheerless when we both got teary eyed with the fact that she will be leaving us…whether to this or another University. But we had a complete tour through campus and couldn’t have been more pleased. One fact that made Jessica and I feel better was just how prompt the school was in looking for other LDS students and for any branch either on or off campus.

We decided since we were so close to fun places, we went to see the city where the movie “Runaway Bride”took place and was taped…how fun was for my girls and me to be able to have this trip together…I can’t remember laughing so much like I did today…I had to stop the car twice because we were laughing so hard that I couldn’t even drive…it was SOOOO COOL.

The College is near the Ocean and we decided to take a stroll down Ocean City…it felt like Ghost town…but even with the stormy rain that we endured…. Sara stayed in the car facing the Ocean and laughing while Jessica and I (the two adventurers of the family) went to watch up close and personal, the wild and extremely fierce Atlantic Ocean.

We had a BLAST… And even though Jessica and I feel completely hallow with the idea of having Sara leave to College (Great Success little Sara)…we still have one another and we always try to make the best out of everything…after all we are THE SANTOS GIRLS.


Salisbury University Trip




No comments: