The Santos Girls

The Santos Girls
Bela, Sara & Jessica;
Sharing Our Experiences with the loved ones of our lives in our adopted country--USA--! And, of our birth country Portugal. Also, all the places and amazing people that cross our paths every day or simply return back to our lives...
Please feel free to leave comments.
Comments are what make blogging so fun and exciting. I am a sucker for them.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"Can miles truly separate us from true friends?"

"There is no distance too great between friends, for love gives wings to the heart."

I have always heard that "A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."
With that said...today we had again the opportunity of take pleasure in the happiness that comes with the knowledge that we are important to people that we consider important in our lives as well.
And today I got to see a co-worker (friend) who left to another job awhile back…today he was in the same State and decided to drop by my work to say “Hi”. Then some time after I got reacquainted with my good friend, whom I haven’t seen in such a long time …another great friend of mine…who moved back home to England (last January), called me from London to keep bases and in touch with my girls and me. And we closed our night having dinner with our so extraordinary and esteemed friends, Mário & Andreia. I always had so much happiness meeting new people and making friends…and today; as I was talking with some of my good friends…I recognized just how fortunate I am for having them in my life. It also made me feel so thankful for being able to teach my children the beauty of living this incredible and wonderful life knowing that friends can indeed be presents that God gives us. I have always heard and will quote: Do not save your loving speeches for your loved ones and friends till they are dead; do not write them on their tombstones, speak them rather now instead.” We love all of ya… our dear friends…and please know that we always recognize and value your efforts in keeping in touch… It does not go unnoticed that you walk the extra mile to show us that we are important. You are real blessings in our lives and make our family days go by in high spirits. It is always so nice to know that we are in your hearts… whether we are in contact via emails, phone, letters, in town visits, text messages…or in each other’s homes…You matter to us and it is always a great time in
our so hectic days to hear from you…OUR TRUE FRIENDS.



"Hold a true friend with both your hands."
Nigerian Proverb

No comments: