This is a time of the year that brings a bittersweet feeling to our family. We celebrate my birthday and at the same time; with great sadness we remember that this is also the anniversary of my daughter’s father’s death…so I guess that February 25 of 2008 was another significant time in my life to be reminded of the miracle that God gave me when HE gave me Sara & Jessica as daughters…And as hard as it is to convince everyone of just how great my kids conducted themselves (considering the pain that they were feeling) …The girls did NOT allow me to spend any time lamenting nor mourning…I had an amazing Birthday to be extremely sincere. I have always loved and lived life to the extreme and it astonishes me to look at my kids and watch “two little Bela’s”.
My daughters left school early and we went out to eat…it was a Mexican Restaurant and I made them promise that they would NOT tell anyone that was my B-Day…they were so well behaved… they did NOT tell a soul to sing me happy birthday…however when the waitress arrived at our table…Both of my two brats “hollered” in unison as loud as they could…”Happy Birthday mommy, this is YOUR day”…Do I even need to say what happened next?
What is my surprise when I see all these restaurant employees with a huge “Sombrero” singing Happy Birthday to me… in SPANISH…and put the huge hat in my head…quite the humiliation I may add…We also decided to go “pamper” ourselves and my kids got me a present to have my nails done…now that was THE very first time that I ever done that… and oh boy…what an awful experience…I am used to bite my nails (so not lady like). Not to mention that today I barely can type…I have been breaking plates, dropping everything…and you can only imagine the kind of damage that I have been doing around the house. I had no clue just what kind of calamities a woman with nails can do…but again…I may just very well be clumsy and have two left hands. lol But I DID have a great time with my kids and my work threw a birthday party for me...I was indeed spoiled on my birthday in the year of 2008.
The Santos Girls
Bela, Sara & Jessica;
Sharing Our Experiences with the loved ones of our lives in our adopted country--USA--! And, of our birth country Portugal. Also, all the places and amazing people that cross our paths every day or simply return back to our lives...
Please feel free to leave comments.
Comments are what make blogging so fun and exciting. I am a sucker for them.
Sharing Our Experiences with the loved ones of our lives in our adopted country--USA--! And, of our birth country Portugal. Also, all the places and amazing people that cross our paths every day or simply return back to our lives...
Please feel free to leave comments.
Comments are what make blogging so fun and exciting. I am a sucker for them.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Another Step in stone for Bela
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Belatedly, let me say:
Parabens, Bela!
HUGS,
--Susie
Parabens BELA!
beijinhos
mary
Post a Comment