November 24, 1966

This time my daughter Jessica decided that she was going to write this post with ME… and it turned out to be so touching, loving and with tears running down my face.


You are not here anymore in body Carlos, but we wanted you to know that you are so important to us and we love you. Thank you for giving me OUR daughters. I miss you so.



When we miss you, sometimes we listen to music or look at pictures of you, not to remind us of you but to make us feel as if you’re with us. It makes us forget the distance for a while and capture you. But then we think… Can physical or emotional distance truly separate you from the ones you love? If you want to be with someone you love, aren’t you already there? And when we think about this… it makes it easier to go on. Remember what that general authority told us about my father when he died Carlos? That we never get over our loved ones, we just learn to live without them always around… This is what we feel.
Your, Bela( Fofa), Sara (Super Ténéré) & Jessica(Tété)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Dad, I always remember the little memories of us but they are so vague. I remember your smile, your smell, your feel, and your warmth. You are my angel and sometimes I feel you around me. I know you’re watching over us, and I love you.
– Tété





2 comments:
Oh Bella, you are the most adorable person I met. You always make sure that Sarah and Jessica will never stop remembering Carlos. You are doing such a great job. And NO, you don't suck as a mom or as a dad. You are great at both.You just suck in keeping contact with your friends :)
Miss you Portuguese woman.Oh by the way it was very good to see you at Cinemark for the premier of "Planet 51". Good laughs, but I know the movie sucks. You don't need to throw the 5th on my face over that movie lol.
What an honor to write after Josh---
I can’t believe just how mature our little Jessica is. I found myself with tears when I read this post of your blog. It feels as if it was just yesterday that I first saw this very impertinently; and yet dazzling and so genuinely honest woman, been so argumentative about my Sundance cabins with your mom next to you--- and so much has happened since those days--- when I had the chance to practice my Portuguese with you. The Brazilian girlfriend is now just a girl who is a friend, but you and your family became family to me. Please give my love to the girls, and let them know that I still think of their father as a good friend. They are much honored to have you has their mother, they have indeed the best. Miss you all, particularly you. Quando vais tu vir a Santa Monica or Sundance para eu possa estar tempo com voce e mininas? Muito amor do Bob. (See, I need lessons, how bad did I do?)
Post a Comment