The Santos Girls

The Santos Girls
Bela, Sara & Jessica;
Sharing Our Experiences with the loved ones of our lives in our adopted country--USA--! And, of our birth country Portugal. Also, all the places and amazing people that cross our paths every day or simply return back to our lives...
Please feel free to leave comments.
Comments are what make blogging so fun and exciting. I am a sucker for them.

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Put an end to child abuse!!!!!

I received this message which needs to be released...

-This story was awarded and published internationally as an example against child abuse. Unfortunately, we didn’t get it here in the States…. However here goes the winning poem of a little girl named RAQUEL:



My name is "Raquel"
I have 3 years old

My eyes are swollen,

I cannot see.


I must be stupid

I must be bad,

What else could put my father in such a state?


I would like to be better,

I would like to be less ugly.

So maybe my mother would always give me tender hugs and butterfly kisses

I cannot speak,

I cannot make mistakes,

Otherwise I get locked all day.


When I wake up I'm alone,

The house is dark,

My parents are not home.


When my mother comes,

I try to be kind;

Otherwise I may take

A spank before night.

I do not make any noise!
I just heard a car;

My father is arriving from the bar

I hear him swearing.

He calls me.

I press myself against the wall.


I try to hide myself from their evil eyes.

I'm so afraid now

I start to cry.


He finds me weeping,

and shoots me with bad words,

and says it's my fault he suffers at work.


He slaps me and hits me,

And screams to me even more,

I finally free myself and run to the door.


But he already has locked up.

I Curl up my body in a ball
He grabs me and throws me against the wall.


I fall to the floor with all my bones nearly broken,

And my day continues with horrible

... words ... and beats...

"I am very sorry!" I Scream.

But it's too late.

His face turned into an unimaginable hate.


The beat continues and wounds me more and more,

"My God please have mercy!

Make it go away, please! I beg”

And he finally stops, and goes to the door.
While I'm lying

motionless on the floor.


My name is Raquel.

I am 3 years old
Tonight my father killed * me *.

Abuse is something that appalls me in every way, so when I got this “awakening to child abuse” I had to post it and beg us all to please be aware of the children who live near us and we know that are suffering…WE ALL need to put a stop in any form of abuse…especially Child abuse…these precious children of God are too young to defend themselves and to know what to do, it’s up to us to stop this cycle.


1 comment:

Greg Robinson said...

Hey Santos, as I was reading this particular part of your blog I couldn’t stop but picture in my mind you writing it. And I could see our Bella doing her best to not let her emotions get the best of her, just so no one would see her cry. But I do know you and I know how you feel about abuse. You hit the nail right in its head mi lady. I got goose bumps reading this and felt such a huge admiration that someone had the moral fiber to talk about it, to expose it, to retaliate against a system that tries to hide it. Let me tell you that working with you has been an opportunity of a lifetime-- been your co worker is a daily privilege, and my admiration for you just keeps on growing--- to be able to witness the amazing human being that you are and not to mention the great professional who always wants to help people in every way, touches my heart deeply, but be able to call you “My authentic and real friend” is more than a privilege, it’s an honor! It’s comforting knowing that you have my back and you are always there to make sure that things run smoothly. I know that you doubt of your parenthood skills, by the way you act after you talk to Sarah and Jess, but let me guarantee you on my word of honor that having you for a mother was the best thing that could ever happen in those girls lives. They have the best mom and best dad all in one. Bella I do admire you so much; you are gorgeous and lovely both on the inside outside. Don’t ever change who you are, and your accent is just as adorable as you are, so stop doubting of it. I care so much for you and your girls, and in my name and in the name of so many people, thank you for writing about such a heartbreaking reality that is a world tragic matter. Thanks for having the guts to express your repulsion. I am glad I have a Santos girl that always says what is hard for me to put in words. You are indeed deeply cared for.