" Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers, mothers, daughters and sons." And as bizarre as it may sound...it is amazing how much the sacrifices, pride, tantrums, harsh words, wrong assumptions and everything else in that line of thought...that WE put up with just to see, provide,and make ...a simple smile... in our children's faces.
So with that in mind, we all took off to " The Great Falls" and it was quite the trip... for the second time in gosh knows how many years, D.C. was on a tornado warning, so after we all got soaked in rain...


We decided to drive and catch "The Great Falls" from the Virginia side... Sara and Jessica had the "privilege of seeing in first hand an enormous Black Snake"...I was spared of that experience...I am sure that the Park Rangers would have to carry me kicking and screaming to the first mental Institution they could find... Not to mention the embarrassment that I would have been to my kids...lol...can you all imagine just how awful that would have been? Oh my gosh... lol
Ok... the girls didn't adventure themselves to the 2 mile hike to see the HUGE falls, but both Darin and I did...I would love to show you some pictures. But you honestly had to be there...because the sound of the water...will never be appreciated nor heard by pictures...it was sure an AMAZING sightseeing Art of our Nature...that Our Father in Heaven provide for all of us.












No comments:
Post a Comment