The Santos Girls

The Santos Girls
Bela, Sara & Jessica;
Sharing Our Experiences with the loved ones of our lives in our adopted country--USA--! And, of our birth country Portugal. Also, all the places and amazing people that cross our paths every day or simply return back to our lives...
Please feel free to leave comments.
Comments are what make blogging so fun and exciting. I am a sucker for them.

Monday, June 9, 2008

THE PROM QUEEN

PROM QUEEN SENIOR CLASS OF 2008 OF LHS.
So...Prom Night did arrived along with THE day that we parents dread so dang much...because its THE real wake up call that our little birds grew up, have their own wings, and are and can start using them... arrived. I was NOT a different parent...I took off work that morning and helped Sara got ready for her BIG DAY... we went to have her nails done, her hair, her make up, check the last details of her dress... it was quite the event to Jessica and myself along with our little Blondie.
Check some pictures of the DAY:

Then we came home and it was the pandemonium getting our little Sara ready... she was so beautiful and was so excited for her Prom, she had been nominated Prom Queen and that itself was a major joy for Sara and for all of us. But she didn't put to much thought into it, she sorta took after her mom and never thinks that she is "All That"... But she was very pleased that her name had been picked to be one of the nominees.
We got her dressed and went to meet with Rob's parents to take pictures and both Sara & Robert look very nice. Check out some pictures of Sara on her way to her Senior Prom...




I went to work and she (as always ) kept calling me and Jessica to update us on her night... And then THE call came... "Mommy I am the prom queen. They called my name and I stood aside to let the prom queen pass, and it wasn't until Robert start screaming that I was queen, and it hit me that I had to walk up those stairs, and then my legs felt so weak... I am The class of 2008 Prom Queen". Needless to say that I start laughing, crying and feeling so much pride in our petite Sara. Jessica called me right after screaming of happiness that Sara made Prom Queen... we were both so proud of our daughter/sister. I called the family and they were all full of joy... I called Deanne and Grandma Ruth to let them know, and they too were so proud, then I called my family in Portugal and my mom and bother Silvio even started to cry. It was indeed a very special night for our Sara. Check out some pictures of Sara walking along with the prom court and later as the prom queen and her friend Steve, the prom king...








And this was indeed a night to remember in our little Sara Emilia's book of life...

No comments: