I got to see an old friend who served his mission in Portugal almost 17 years ago, and he served in my family ward, Mem-Martins/Sintra, were my husband Carlos was the bishop at the time. Reconnecting with Elder Ryan Rawlins was a blessing that brought me such a great happiness that words cannot express, not to mention the enjoyment that was to meet his startlingly sweet wife Lynnette, what a remarkable lady. We laughed so much and had such a fun time together, by the time they had to leave, I was with my eyes full of tears and kept hugging both Ryan and Nete, I just didn’t want to let them go, I can’t recall having such an incredible night in such a long time. Since all I seem to do anymore is working and doing treatments… this became the story of my life anymore.
I had the privilege to get together with Andy and spend some quality time laughing, sharing, chatting, talking-- I must have indeed given him a terrible earache with the whole lot I had to let him know just to keep him updated with all the things that my kids and I have been doing since we last saw each other--. He has been someone very important in my life since I was 16 years old; he too served a mission in my Portugal, and he was my family favorite missionary; and what a wonderful serendipity when so many years later... life by an opportunity of fate... allowed us to reconnect again. What a happiness to recognize that he didn’t change and still has the serenity, tolerance and patience to put up with me! :D
And he is always there for me and my girls; I have such gratefulness that he shows me-- the best he can--that someone is always backing me up during the darkest hours as well as the happiest hours of my life. He brought indeed trust, confidence and belief back in to my life. As he also brought to my girls the paradigm of the most ideal and role model man! They will be the first ones to tell anyone that Andy is the best example of the man they want to meet one day and have as their eternal companions, and they will never settle for anyone lesser than the kind of man Andy is… and for that I am eternally grateful to him… for being my best friend whom I care for, treasure and cherish every day of my life. He is indeed a HERO to me!!! Thank you for being who YOU are little Andy.
But time flies when we are enjoying ourselves, so the short few days that I stayed in Utah came to an end and it was time for me to return to my home, to my girls who were way too happy that their mommy had done something other than work for a few days. I indeed have the best kids in the world, who hate to see me always working and are always coming up with ideas of "How to make mommy have fun"...trying to convince me to get away for a few days… it never happens, but what matters is that they have my best interest and happiness at heart and never stop coming up with ideas to help me “Chill”.










No comments:
Post a Comment