As I was here thinking of all the people that have or had significance in my life and those who still have… something hit me very hard… A few things that I heard this week that originated from two people who are from completely different sides of the world…stunned my intellect and left me in complete awe over the wisdom that two simple statements impacted my life.
I heard a friend of mine from Australia telling me that the best things, the greatest accomplishments (according to the Australian Aborigines), that any human being can have is … “Be Able to tell a story”. Tell stories… life stories… a story of time, of existence, of an adventure, of a happy event, of a sad occurrence, a story of love, of a broken heart, of a complete passionate deed…in précis a story of “A WALK ABOUT”, which means “Sometimes a person needs to lose him/herself in order to find themselves and they go walk for months, wondering… watching bad and good things, learn to laugh with funny situations and cry with adversities… and that way they learn who they are and how they can strengthen themselves… going on “ A Walk About” ,a person learn and grow so much…Most of all, because they gain so many experiences, that allows them to have innumerous STORIES to tell. According to the Aborigines a human being who can share many stories is indeed a rich, lucky and successful individual! And that is undeniably the best legacy a man or woman can leave behind them…
Then a friend from Turkey was talking with me about one of my passions in life….”Archeology”… and I was expressing just how hard it is for me to think that years from now I won’t be known, recognized, I will be forgotten as soon as the last person I know dies… I have done nothing that will allow me to go down in history as someone’s hero… and she asked me when does someone’s life become scientific and not emotional? And she said that forever and ever someone will be influenced, because I came to this earth… that took me back to my great-grand parents… I can see just how they had no clued that because of their decisions, their great granddaughter would be here today writing about them… And as I thought about certain things of my great grandparents, I realized that my first name is ANA… just like my great grandmother… my older daughter’s middle name is EMILIA, just like my grandmother… people move on, as long as someone carry them in their hearts and have a STORY to tell about them… I felt so Inspired today thinking about my ancestors and felt so proud that both my sides of the family, on my dad and mom’s side, always got to tell and share many STORIES about our forefathers with me and my brothers… and they were always told with such love that I can seat down here today and feel like I know my ancestors like I know my extended family in nowadays….
How amazing that because we take the time to share with our loved and adored children STORIES about people that are not so well known to them, but were and are a part of who we are and of who we became, we are allowing our offspring to get to know those amazing people that had such a great influence in our lives and we are teaching them what they will share with their own children as well…and through these STORIES and experiences that we lived with our loved ones and we carry them on by sharing them with our kids… we are consenting that our loved ones who had departure from this earth will never be forget by our progeny, because by sharing with our children, who will share with their own… and so on and on… How amazing to learn from different cultures and ultimately I realized that Genealogy never dies … what a blessing that we can one day see face to face the people, the names that through times became historic family characters in our lives. Just because someone told a STORY :)
Having a BBQ, Carlos was fishing and cleaning the fish and cooked it. Mafra -Portugal with some Brazilian friends of ours, and Carlos is holding our Sara.
How amazing it is to be able to share a STORY of a lifetime…To me another GREAT WAY to be able to tell a story is through pictures… a picture is almost like architecture of a lifetime… How rich are we when we take the quality time to share stories, REAL stories with our friends and family and show them pictures and explain what happened, because without us to sharing that moment when the picture was taken with them…it will be nothing but a picture. Now when we share everything we remember that took place… a single picture tells a story for us without much word…. Wow the power of speaking, talking, sharing… that is something that makes a family and friends come closer and together…But the best thing of all is that we will be carried on even after we leave this earth… Simply because our descendants will be the ones telling OUR STORY…








No comments:
Post a Comment