Bela, Sara & Jessica;
Sharing Our Experiences with the loved ones of our lives in our adopted country--USA--! And, of our birth country Portugal. Also, all the places and amazing people that cross our paths every day or simply return back to our lives...
Please feel free to leave comments.
Comments are what make blogging so fun and exciting. I am a sucker for them.
President Thomas S. Monson: "On the Lord’s Errand"
February 4th, 2008-- President Thomas S. Monson was named as the 16th President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He had served as a Counselor in the First Presidency of the Church since November 10, 1985. He was ordained an Apostle and called to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles on October 4, 1963; at the age of 36. I still have this astonishing and amazing vivid memory in my mind… It was April 22 of 1992 and we members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints gathered together in an amazing Place in Portugal called “SINTRA”… it was a celebration and commemoration of one of the most happiest and greatest moments in the lives of each member of the Mormon Church in Portugal… Together as brothers and sisters we all prayed in gratitude for the blessing that was given to us all, on April 22nd, 1975…Thomas S. Monson dedicated our beloved Portuguese Nation for missionary work. My family was among the first members of the pioneers in the Portuguese church… and that day in 1992 we had again the pleasure of having brother Thomas S. Monson with us rejoicing and commemorating our gladness and faith…As we had started with a few missionaries back in 1975 and we already had thousands of members, 3 missions and MANY stakes. I will never forget for as long as I’ll live the meekness, humbleness, happiness, love and faith that this extraordinary man shared with all of us…and it’s with great modesty and delight in my heart that I bare my testimony that Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet of God and in my own modest and sole way… I want to share with my entire dear ones just how proud I am; that I, Anabela Santos along with my family shook the hand of the man that is our prophet today. And the feelings that I felt there, I still feel today… Thomas S. Monson is a man of God. I have also had the chance to see and hear him in person countless times in the States. What a joy it is to know that God loves us so much that He never leaves us single-handed…and gives us all-- a chance to have a living prophet who receives revelation for us all nowadays--!!!! 

No comments:
Post a Comment