The Santos Girls

The Santos Girls
Bela, Sara & Jessica;
Sharing Our Experiences with the loved ones of our lives in our adopted country--USA--! And, of our birth country Portugal. Also, all the places and amazing people that cross our paths every day or simply return back to our lives...
Please feel free to leave comments.
Comments are what make blogging so fun and exciting. I am a sucker for them.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Someone challenged me… :=)

Okay, a great friend asked me to write about MYSELF. The things no one would be familiar with… unless I was to tell them. All in All… The little perquisites about myself that defines me as… ME. The small things that took place in my existence that makes me who I am today. Such as my first "Crush", "My First Kiss", "My First LOVE"...and Big Things and Small things that I have to be the one sharing it :=)

WELL... I took the challenge, even though I AM EXTREMELY mortified of giving myself away this much lol. I can’t believe that I will give you all reasons to laugh and tease me forever…But a dare is a dare… so here we go…

I think that I started to look at boys a few minutes after I was born lol. So I started to expand feelings for the opposite sex when I was a very young woman… my first “BIG INFATUATION”, was no less than … “Karl-Heinz Rummenigge”, he was The German captain for their soccer team… It was an amazing experience…I used to dress up with my best clothes just to go see him play in front of the TV… He had his greatest successes in his time with Bayern Munich, where he won the Intercontinental Cup, the European Cup of Champions as well as a number of International titles. He was my first fascination. I don’t think that he ever had anyone screaming in his games as yours truly here… He was JUST 14 years older than me… :=)



MY second MAJOR Infatuation was “ROD STEWART”… With his distinctive raspy voice, WE ALL have to admit that, rarely has a singer had as full and unique a talent as Rod Stewart! He was and is in my point of view a writer who offered profound lyricism and fabulous self humor. To me he was a teller of tall tales and honest heart breaker; he had an unmatched eye for the tiny details around which lives turn, shatter, and reform… and a voice to make those details unforgettable. I was smitten by two special qualities: HIS warmth, which was redemptive and his modesty, which was liberating…not to mention his rebellious side lol. And I have always been in love with rock…I went to some of his concerts and his songs were my companions every time I was in a different country away from home. In all honesty they still are up to this day… “Every Beat of my Heart” , “Rhythm of my Heart”, are just songs that have touched me like words cannot ever express…I still think the best of him lol. I am just no longer crying because he is not mine…And he still is 24 years older than me lol




My FIRST kiss was in May of 1985…lol. I was waxing my surfboard and it happened in my parents back yard, during a fight with this boy that I had been always fighting with…and I turned around and he asked me if I had a boyfriend...So I told him no, that I had never had a boyfriend and he held my waist and kiss me. I wanted to fight, argue, be an annoyance to him, BUT…I was speechless and with all those butterflies in my stomach and couldn’t even look at him. He then told me that he liked me for a while, but didn’t have the courage to say, because so many of other boys were interested in me. We dated for about 9 months…I liked him and at that time even thought that I loved him…until I met my best friend ANDY… He was my BEST FRIEND EVER...and it was with HIM that I found out what TRUE LOVE WAS and IS all about. I didn’t let Andy know what I felt for him due to my relationship with Evaristo… Andy and I went separate ways February 5th 1986 and I caught Evaristo kissing one of my friends 6 days later. Just my luck huh? Ahahahahahahah lol. Oh Well, it sure wans't fair...but what can I do? lol

EVARISTO SILVA....
MY FIRST KISS & MY FIRST BOYFRIEND LOL





Andy... MY FIRST REAL LOVE... here pictured when we were both teenagers... and now...so many years later...


My OLDEST friend that I keep in touch with… His name is Joaquim and we call him “QUIM”. He never got married and calls me “Wife” up to this day. When Carlos was alive, he would always say “Our wife, and our daughters”, and Carlos would refer to me and the girls the same way when we they were both talking and my name would come up… Carlos would tell QUIM “Our wife”…I love him with all my heart, even that sadly I have no time to share as much as I would love to, because we just talk always in a rush. He is without any doubt my OLDEST friend and I could not live without having contact with him. We were in school together; his parents worked both with my mom in the same hospital. So we grew up together and were always together. No one ever could put up with me always joking as much as I can do, like he did, I can’t remember us ever be sad around each other. We are both two goof balls. Here goes some pictures… My friend "QUIM"…






MY FAVORITE FOOD – PORTUGUESE & ITALIAN

MY FAVORITE PLACE TO BE- THE BEACH…COULDN’T LIVE WITHOUT.

MY WORSE HABIT- I BITE MY FINGER NAILS

SOMETHING I ALWAYS DO- I HAVE TO BE ALWAYS CHEWING SOMETHING…GUM, TICK TACKS…ETC.

MY FAVORITE SPORT- SOCCER…COMPLETELY ADDICTED…

SOMETHING I ALWAYS HAVE TO HAVE- MY CAMERA AND EARINGS LOL

MY WORSE HABIT WHEN I GET NERVOUS- I ALWAYS BITE MY LOWER LIP

MY WORSE WEEKENESS- CAN’T SEE PEOPLE CRY AND HURT

SOMETHING THAT NO ONE WILL HAVE FROM ME- TRUST, WELL ONE PERSON HAS IT

SOMETHING I ABSOLUTELY LOVE- MUSIC

SOMETHING I ABSOLUTELY ADORE- LIVE LIFE TO ITS FULLEST

MY GREATEST ACOMPLISMENT- BEING A MOTHER

MY FAVORITE MOVIE- FIRST KNIGHT

MY MAJOR PET PEEVE- LACK OF MANNERS

MY FAVORITE FRUIT- POMEGRANATE

MY FAVORITE COLOR- BLACK & NAVY BLUE

SOMETHING I AM WELL KNOWN FOR- LAUGHING AND JOKE IN SPITE OF WHATEVER IS WRONG AROUND ME.

MY FAVORITE LINE- “LIFE WILL NEVER MEET ANYONE HALF WAY” AND THAT IS THE GREASTES TRUTH I HAVE EVER LEARNED, LIFE IS THE HARDEST COLLEGE EVER, GIVES THE TESTS FIRST AND THE LESSONS AFTRWARDS

MY FAVORITE ACTOR- ED NORTON

MY FAVORITE ACTRESS- JULIA ORMOND

MY FAVORITE SMELL- THE OCEAN BREEZE AND PINE

MY FAVORITE COUNTRY- PORTUGAL

MY FAVORITE ICE CREAM- CARAMEL CHUNKS

SOMETHING THAT SETS ME OFF- A MESSY HOME

SOMETHING THAT ALWAYS MAKES ME SMILE- THE OCEAN…

MY BIGGEST INSPIRATION-MY MOM & AUNT FATIMA…LOVE THEM MORE THAN MY LIFE

SOMETHING I ADORE TO ADMIRE- LIGHTHOUSES

HOBBIES- SURF, BLOOGING, SCRAPBOOKING, TRAVELING AND READ

MAJOR SADNESS EVER LIVED- MY DAD & CARLOS SUDDEN DEATHS.

SIBBLINGS- 2 BROTHERS ONE STEP BROTHER AND TWO STEP SISTERS

HAVE TO HAVE AT ALL TIMES- GUM & MY MEDICINE

CHERISH THE MOST- LIFE

MAJOR FEARS-DEATH, SPIDERS & SNAKES

MY HEROES-MOM, AUNT FATIMA & ANDY, SILVIO,NUNO

Well… I bet that no one knows that my husband and I used to go to the Amazonas with my father in law to hunt… I got to eat fried “Ants”… faced very poisons snakes in Brazil and almost step on one if my husband had not shouted asking me to not move... and I stayed for almost an hour with one foot up in the air while my husband tried to get the attention of the snake that at time was on top of my foot that was on the floor…once the incident was under control I passed out falling with my head near the snake again that at the time was already near my husband. Forcing my husband to shot the snake, which was very close to my head to save my life from an eminent bite from that snake. I have had dinner and lunch with the Indigenes in the Amazonas, and fell in a river full of piranhas, while fishing them… no harm done despite the fact that it was scary as you can imagine…lol. I have seen up close and personal various sharks, while they were swimming around me ( I was inside of a cage watching them), and on a very scary occasion I was in Brazil and took my kayak into the open sea, when the coast guard warn me in this ginormous boat that I had two great white sharks around me, I was having a tantrum and went to a closed beach just to make a point...it all ended well and the amazing Coast Guard were able to save me, but I learned a great lesson...Can you say You're an Idiot Bela? Yep that was me until that great lesson when I almost became shark lunch. I LOVE to laugh and joke and I am indeed a goof ball...

Can speak 8 different languages, been in almost every single continent and country, I still have one countinet to go…Australia and a country to see "Egypt". I am a sucker for men who are romantic and are true gentlemen, who open the car door for a lady,allows the lady to walk ahead through a door first, who doesn’t mind to ask what my opinion is, but I also like a man that takes charge. Quite the paradox I know lol. I believe in soul mates, I am a dreamer and still live with my feet on the ground. I used to modeling swim suits and shoes, when I was younger. I kissed 3 men before I got married…I love to eat “Escargot” which is a very fancy French word for snails. I have tried to live in a lighthouse many times throughout my life. I wrote two children books when I was 10 years old and they were pubished..."The sad clown" and "The Ocean belongs to me",I made my parents very proud, and watching my mom's face is something that I will never forget. I have sky dived, paragliding, scuba diving, climbing high mountains, I have a great testemony about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints, I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God here on earth and that he presides THE only true church. I respect every religion, every culture, every human being for their individualities, and love when people give me the same courtesy... So in presis...these are some of the many things about me...that makes the person YOU know...And what I love to remember the most is...I have LIVED AMAZING MOMENTS AND GONE ABOVE AND BEYOND, and that is INVALUABLE to me...… Okay…I have already fulfill my promise… there’s a lot more, but I also love to keep some mystery towards myself…what fun would be if I were to give myself away 100%? Come on…lol

I will post some pictures of me growing up…until today, with amazing friends from my tennager years that life granted me the blessing of reconnecting now,so many years later. These pictures are pictures relatively new, they represent maybe teh last 8 years of my life...of me growing up ...I have yet to stop growing up. :=)





















1 comment:

Susan R. said...

Bela, Beautiful Bela, Thanks for the post!
You are TIMELESS!!!

HUGS,
--Susie