The Santos Girls
Bela, Sara & Jessica;
Sharing Our Experiences with the loved ones of our lives in our adopted country--USA--! And, of our birth country Portugal. Also, all the places and amazing people that cross our paths every day or simply return back to our lives...
Please feel free to leave comments.
Comments are what make blogging so fun and exciting. I am a sucker for them.
Sharing Our Experiences with the loved ones of our lives in our adopted country--USA--! And, of our birth country Portugal. Also, all the places and amazing people that cross our paths every day or simply return back to our lives...
Please feel free to leave comments.
Comments are what make blogging so fun and exciting. I am a sucker for them.
Saturday, January 3, 2009
The beach is THE perfect place to end an amazing Christmas :)
To make the perfect end of a wonderful Christmas, ( since I have been very ill) , my mom…who knows me better than I ever give her credit for. She thought that my Christmas should end with a very relaxing time at the BEACH… can you say “PERFECT PRESENT MOMMY” lol.
So, Sara, Jessica, Kelsey and I got on the road and went to this 5 star hotel that my parents have time share and we had a blast… since Jacuzzi, to indoor pool with room facing the Ocean and I was even able to be the first one waking up in this suite, make my hot chocolate with marshmallows and run to see the sun rise… My mom knew just what her daughter needed to forget about any health issue that I may be enduring… I even had the pleasure of surfing… that didn’t go so well since I was surfing close to a family that were learning and the people who are not familiar with the waves and what a “RIP WAVE” are… have no clue the dangerous they get themselves in when they don’t realize and go into the “mouth of the Ocean”…so this young man got caught in a rip wave and I left my surfboard and swam as fast as I could to get him out of it before he would be completely out of my reach.
In Fact “Rip Currents” are responsible for about 150 deaths every year JUST in the United States. They are the number-one concern for beach lifeguards: About 80 percent of all beach rescues are related to rip currents. Despite these startling statistics, many swimmers don't know anything about rip currents, and they have no idea how to survive when caught in one. A rip current is a narrow, powerful current of water running perpendicular to the beach, out into the ocean. These currents may 61 to 762 m lengthwise, but they are typically less than 9 m wide. Rip currents can move at a pretty good speed, often 8 kph or faster.
I grew up in the Ocean so these things are normal for me to recognize the signs…but people who just travel to the Ocean and gets in without knowing much about it can find themselves in deep trouble.
I was able to pull him into my arms, and swim to the felt side of the Rip current… but his surfboard came up with so much strength and hit my face so badly, that it was blood everywhere… my nose was pretty bad…both inside and outside…my eyes looked like I had just lost a box match… That night the kids stayed in the guests room alone having Ice cream and I was crying of pain in my room…but I am very determinate and I couldn’t allow the pain in my face to keep me from been in the water… the next morning...especially because my kids sleep in all the time and those hours were just mine, belonged to me and myself…lol.
It was just the Ocean and I…and whoever is in my heart lol… Even with my kid’s grumpiness… I was able to have a blast…especially when it was just me and the Ocean lol… without tantrums… (Do you think they will love me when they’ll read this) lol.
Enjoy these slides and I will post more pictures later...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment