The Santos Girls

The Santos Girls
Bela, Sara & Jessica;
Sharing Our Experiences with the loved ones of our lives in our adopted country--USA--! And, of our birth country Portugal. Also, all the places and amazing people that cross our paths every day or simply return back to our lives...
Please feel free to leave comments.
Comments are what make blogging so fun and exciting. I am a sucker for them.

Friday, January 16, 2009

The reminiscences that carry us on…

This week my mommy sent me an email telling me that I am LOVED and she is there for me…she is with my “Second Mommy”…My Aunt Fatima. She is my mother’s older sister and one of the most important heroes along with my mom that I have in my life.
My mother has been in our Cabin in the mountains…my mom was born in a very tiny village in Portugal…It’s called Ermelo and the largest city near her is Mondim de Basto.
I grew up always running there to spend time with my grandma and my Aunt Fatima… As a young girl, I used to love spend time there…so wild and free running to the river to swim, go with my Grandma and Aunt Fatima to pick wild black berries and smashed them with honey and corn bread and…wow …to me that was a banquet. This week for the second time in many years the “Jack Frost” came after Christmas and it sprinkle snow all over this amazing place that I grew up been the tomboy that I was…( just so I could be around the boys lol). Enjoy some scenes of one of my childhood and now in my adulthood favorite places to be…in that amazing place that people in Portugal call ‘Tras-os-Montes”… translated to English means…”Behind the Mountains”…To me means…one of my REGUGES of life’s tribulations. And even that I am so far away now…with an Ocean and two continents apart… I still go there every day…I just close my eyes and I am just one thought away.








No comments: