The Santos Girls

The Santos Girls
Bela, Sara & Jessica;
Sharing Our Experiences with the loved ones of our lives in our adopted country--USA--! And, of our birth country Portugal. Also, all the places and amazing people that cross our paths every day or simply return back to our lives...
Please feel free to leave comments.
Comments are what make blogging so fun and exciting. I am a sucker for them.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

The funniest times ever are without any doubt with Sara & Jessica



Of my MANY loved Holidays…One of my most favorite Holidays has to be”Thanksgiving”!

And this year it went by so fast that I barely had time to enjoy it. And to make matters even worse for me, as I was playing Einstein with the camera I deleted all the pictures. (to Those who know me well… you will know just how this affected me, considering that I’m the queen of taking pictures and keep every moment guarded in a visual way where we can always go back, remember, smile, and feel happy thinking about the good times)…We had a very good and funny Thanksgiving… we had some friends that came to spend the day with us, and it made it even better. As always our favorite friends Andreia & Mario came to spend the day with us…in the afternoon, Miguel joined us and we played tons of games, saw a movie that explained what Thanksgiving is all about since my friends had no clue where this tradition started…
Mario is AMAZING at winning games (among many other qualities), and won EVERY single game… You go Mario… lol. Miguel was a bit shy among the games, but once he got the hang of the games, he even learned to realize that games are meant for grownups to play as well… but didn’t win any, hehehehehhe.
I know…I am so mean… lol (I guess it’s a gift) ahahahahahahha!


We had the chance to go see some Native American Activity...I ADORE Native American History


The next morning Sara and I hit the stores on Black Friday… It was the 2nd year that we went… We had a blast together, because she has the same humor that I have, so we would spread a few rumors telling people that they were selling GPS’s for a buck in isle so and so….and then we had the joy of watching them running like crazy trying to get there first… and when people would come back asking us what was the isle was again…we would start looking up to the signs and telling them randomly places… Sara and I had a blast…We realized just how nuts people are about Black Friday… but we also realized that it is also growing on us. We got ME a GPS because we are all tired of me getting lost every time we go anywhere. Lol… So in fact this is more like a present to the kids that were so obnoxiously shouting at the top of their voices… “We will no longer be inside the car 14 hours to go to a place that is less than 5 minutes from home…”



I KNOW… that was so cruel….. lol. But as they kept hollering that this was THEIR favorite present… I couldn’t let them win the fight right? So I had to throw my piece of mind expressing the fact that if I had good navigators I wouldn’t have been lost not even ONE time (SCORE).Ahahahaha
I ended up losing anyways, my odds were two against one…so I sucked it up…poor me….what moms have to put up with their kids… we sure love them enough to not open the car door while driving at 75mph… When I told them this… I LOST again… Because they said that with my luck I would fall first and they would have to be the ones taking control of the car and even come back to help me walk… lol. We sure can have fun in this Santos Clan.





Then we did all our LONG time traditions… and the day after Thanksgiving was time to put up …THE CHRISTMAS TREE” YEAHHHHHH…. Can you tell that I am even worse than the kids when it comes to these things? I can be such a kid at heart. We decided to start all new, so we got a bunch of new ornaments and of course, the ornaments that have been part of our tree for 19 years now… lol. Each year we had one… And we started a new tradition last year… we go to an ornament store, we pick up the cutest ornament that everybody agrees that is the finest…Oh, and that ornament has to have THREE people, just so it symbolizes , Mommy, Sara & Jessica and we have our names written on it , Happy Holidays, and the year… We love that part of watching the cutest ornament turn even cuter with our names on it, this year we have THREE Christmas polar bears, in a sleigh and it says our names on it. And our matching PJ’s that we open on Christmas eve… and that way in the Christmas morning we all look alike opening the presents…It’s so dang cool.




And then time came to OUR Blondie Santos to go back to college and of course my crying at the door holding her and not let her go in what seemed forever, while she kept saying “Mommy it’s just 3 weeks and I will be home for a few months, it’s okay mommy I will be back. I will miss you too”… Finally Jessica came in her sister's rescue by holding me and saying “its okay mommy, she will be back soon”. Then I cried in her shoulder with her saying “its okay, just cry, lay in my lap, and she just played with my hair while I was crying… and as always Jessica always has the best ideas… “Let’s go out”. To Jessica everything gets better when we are "out"….lol.





I have THE two best daughters that My Father in Heaven could EVER give me… many doors closed throughout my life… but my daughters are my endless “Open window”. I love them sooooo much.






And what greater joy than SHARE our traditions with the people we consider OUR BEST FRIENDS. We got the satisfaction of having great friends come over...( The pictures that I accidentally deleted)... But we still got some, and also the pictures of THE BEST friends in MY LIFE, who were NOT around me this time, but from across the Country and world, where they are visiting or living... made their presence known in many ways and I absolutely LOVE them. My 3 best friends, ANDY, NELLO & STEVE. I can't wait to the them again... I can't thank my Lord for the blessing these three friends are in MY LIFE.
Enjoy some of the pictures….

MY BEST FRIEND NELLO




MY BEST FRIEND ANDY





AND MY AMAZING BEST FRIEND STEVE





HOW BLESSED I AM WITH THE CARING FRIENSHIP AND CONSTANT CARE OF THESE THREE PEOPLE THAT I CALL MY BEST FRIENDS. THEY ARE A BLESSING IN MY LIFE.

No comments: