The Santos Girls

The Santos Girls
Bela, Sara & Jessica;
Sharing Our Experiences with the loved ones of our lives in our adopted country--USA--! And, of our birth country Portugal. Also, all the places and amazing people that cross our paths every day or simply return back to our lives...
Please feel free to leave comments.
Comments are what make blogging so fun and exciting. I am a sucker for them.

Friday, December 19, 2008

It's a wonderful time of the year :)

WE WANT TO WISH YOU & YOUR LOVED ONES A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A WONDERFUL NEW YEAR FROM OUR HOME TO YOURS.

I believe that the true meaning of Christmas is different for everyone. For some it means spending the Christmas season with family and friends, remembering the birth of Christ, reliving old traditions, or giving service to those in need.

Personally in our home, we have OUR OWN UNIQUE TRADITIONS... We open ONE present at Christmas Eve… and it’s always the matching Pajamas that the 3 of us dress with. Just so in the morning we always open our presents having the 3 of us matching…I know…silly to many… but absolutely exhilarating for us…I can't wait to some day be able to see my granddaughters dressed just like me and my daughters and keep carrying on that tradition...


Another GREAT Tradition of ours…We certainly have to eat OUR COD FISH at Christmas Eve...I am sure that is gross to many… But hey after all… WE are Portuguese... :) Chocolate Mousse prepared from the scratch and tons of foods... our home ALWAYS smell like sugar cookies, gingerbread, cinnamon and apple...all the amazing smells that make a house turn into a home.

One thing I love so much... besides the Christmas music that is heard all over the house and the Christmas movies that we so comfortable put on our DVD player and lay on the couch under very warm blankets... and the fact that we ARE keeping creating more and more traditions... customs and ways of life that allows me to see and know that my legacy will be carry on even long after I leave this earth.


But the thing that I love the most and that makes me the happiest person alive when Christmas arrives. Is the fact that I see more people recognizing the love that OUR Savior has for each one of us. Just to know that I am celebrating the Birth of my savior Jesus Christ makes me so proud to be HIS sister, to know about HIS love for me and my family.
The star of Bethlehem was a star of hope that led the wise men to the fulfillment of their expectations, the success of their expedition. Nothing in this world is more fundamental for success in life than hope, and this star pointed to our only source for true hope: Our Savior Jesus Christ.

May you all have a wonderful Season and will be able to recognize the real meaning or this amazing time of the year.

With all our love,
Bela, Sara & Jessica Santos


No comments: