So, I was working and I got a call telling me that Sara would have to come home earlier since she has been sick almost since the first week that she was in College… and she never got better and the Doctor in her college called me telling me that she has mononucleosis… I was shocked, but already had made plans to go pick her up leaving Saturday; since they already have 7 inches of snow on the ground and my car would never make any big trips (don’t you just love when your car just gives you problems after problems anymore)?
I have been honestly in a terrible mood knowing that one of my offspring needs me and I couldn’t do anything…I have been so stressed and unhappy over this… So I had decided that Saturday morning right after I were to leave work, around 3:30 am, I already had a rental car reserved to run and pick up my Sara…I am indeed blessed since all the police officers in the county that I work with all offered to go with me to keep me from falling asleep, considering that I would be working 24 hours drive what is now about 12 hours in icy roads and return on time to be at work on time Saturday. But as we were opening the “Crazy TWILIGHT fever movie” at Midnight, I got the operator telling me over the “walkie” that I had a phone call that would make me very happy… and it was my daughter Sara telling me that one of her teachers were coming down and had offered herself to bring Sara and two other Students.
I was just jumping up and down, and Sara kept me informed of how safe she was, by calling me back throughout the whole trip back home since I worry like no one else that you will ever know … So what is my surprise when I was talking to some customers and my adorable college William who is back to support us for the holidays, he takes my place and tells me that I have a very short blond surprise at Guest Services…as I turn to look, I saw someone walking around the counter playing the “cat and mouse game”…I started to howl of joy and everyone laughing…Officer Bethea took a picture because I held her up so high and then started crying and we both went down on our knees, and Officer Mark Bethea, said “ that he never thought that the day would come where he would be able to see me on my knees to anyone… since I have a drive and strength so dominant and since I am definitely not the yielding kind and see me on my knees crying , laughing and holding my daughter was a picture to sell on EBay”. I have to concur that it was a funny flattering remark lol. Sara who was holding me was down on her knees as well and was just laughing and enjoying all the attention that all our good friends were giving her.
Oh… But was indeed a blast to see my blond Portuguese brat, who only spoke Portuguese with her mommy since she wanted that moment to be only ours. When we live these moments…. We realize over and over again that those agonizing 28 hours of labor where after so many hours you start hallucinating with the medication and the excruciation pain that comes with having a baby…and then you see yourself on a video camera later, after it all took place…ordering your husband (who by the way during labor and due to all the medications, I completely had no clue who he was and thought that he was trying to selling me fruits, while I was shouting at him that he picked the worse time to sell me anything since I was about to give birth to a child…I get embarrassed every time my family tells me that I did that to poor Carlos…But if you think that I stop there with my husband…you are wrong… I scared him to death while I was under that morphine… (Apparently and I have seen myself on video), asking the nurse “who the heck is this man and what is he doing in my room, since I never saw him before?”… I hope he forgave me…I know he did, but under the medicine I had no clue who he was. I was quite embarrassed when I heard about this later. Oh by the way…this turned out to be quite the family joke lol. And in moments like these when you have your children in your arms…you know that it was all worth it…
I am fascinated every day, in spite of not agree with my kids all the time, and be mad at them at times in a way that I nearly go insane with them….and be against MANY of what they call MIRACULOUS IDEAS…the ones that only THEY can come up with ( especially when it involves BOYS…they think they are ready to date, I think that by the age of 36 they can start going out on DOUBLE DATES…We have some different points of view as you can visualize . And when they start fight with each other or question everything I say and all my rules… I go to the moon on fire and come back to earth ready for war with them…But in the end…Having Sara and Jessica for my daughters are the greatest blessing that I could ever ask as a mom.
Sara wrote me this note on “Myspace” before she even knew that she was going to be home last night…
“-My mommy I miss you so much! It honestly sucks so much; I hate being so far away. I never thought I would miss home so much. I just wish I was a senior again and I didn’t have to be far away. I would be still in high school and working and at home. I miss it so much but I guess everyone has to grow up at some point. I am just ready to be home this week and then I’ll be back for two weeks and then I’ll be home a whole month and will be working together again and watching the same movies over and over in the basement:] I can't wait to see you Saturday! Another road trip fighting over what music to play! Haha then it will be Christmas! That’s my favorite time of the year at our home. I signed up for my classes for next semester :) I’m taking Bio 149, Sociology, English comp and 101 together (it’s a way hard class but its two English’s in one so if I pass I’m done forever!). Dance (jazz), dance (hip hop), and dance rep, which means will be in the spring concert!)So you and Jess will have to come to that! Me and my roomy Kirsten got a hamster his name is “Chip” and for some reason he makes it seem more like home here lol. As weird as it may sounds. He is so cute except he had red eyes which are veryyy creepy! But he is so cute he runs around the room in his little ball and at night I can hear him running around in his cage. Well I should go to bed. I love you mommy and I’ll see you this weekend!!! :]"
Thank You Sara and Thank you Jessica for making my life so wonderful to be lived, it’s an honor to be you girls mommy…I love you two with all my heart.
Times fly so fast.... :) They turned out to be two goof Balls just like their mother :)








No comments:
Post a Comment