The Santos Girls

The Santos Girls
Bela, Sara & Jessica;
Sharing Our Experiences with the loved ones of our lives in our adopted country--USA--! And, of our birth country Portugal. Also, all the places and amazing people that cross our paths every day or simply return back to our lives...
Please feel free to leave comments.
Comments are what make blogging so fun and exciting. I am a sucker for them.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Frostburg University Orientation...


THE TRIP TO FROSTBURG...WHERE THE MAJOR ACTIVITY OF THAT TOWN IS WATCHING TUMBLEWEED




The whole family got on the road to Sara's University Orientation in her new college "Frostburg". I left work and we decided to just go out that night and we had to stay 3 days... we had to be in her school by 6 am and I am very famous for getting lost :) We took Jessica's best friend Amber as we dropped Sara at college, after we checked her in and met with her temporary roommate (who by the way lives at the end of the same main road that crosses with ours, it was like Deja Vu...)
Her college is in the middle of nowhere and I didn't like it at all :)... if she had gone to Salisbury one of her classes would have been "Surf" since they are so close to the beach, but we get up in "These Hills" and people are telling us that those are HUGE and super tall mountains... We didn't want to be rude, but Jessica and I had to laugh...We started to talk about our trips to Mountains as high as 13,520 ft.And people were telling us that 2,900ft were impossible mountains to climb... we sure had our kicks ( I am sure that many of you my friends are so mad at us right now, but we were not making fun of Maryland...just how people here looked at us like we were some sorta of freaks for saying that indeed we have seen higher mountains and we call the ones here"Hills") Don't be mad please :)
So while Sara was in college for 3 days Jessica, Amber and I went to explore the surrounding areas, since Frosturbug must have been the smallest town ever made... there's this huge road, the university and a super Wall-Mart, now that was desolating... So we adventured ourselves to see other places lol...enjoy some of our pictures...

No comments: